Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rise & Shine {Pallet Art}

Mmmmkay, so I know how I mentioned here that I was working on a piece?! Way back in MARCH?! So, that piece. I didn't really love it. It took up the dining table for way too long since I just couldn't get to finishing it. I was forced to move it into the garage where it was abandoned. Until last week. 

Leave it to crafty inspiration or whatever, I lugged my big pallet canvas back into the house one night and just got to work. I actually already had some words stenciled on it so I had to work around those and cover them as I went. I was inspired by this google image...

With some frog tape, sponge brush and craft paint, I just went for it. Most of it was free hand and I worked pretty quickly through it. No lolly-gagging this time. I just wanted to create something and finish it. Well most of it.

I used the cricut machine to make stencils for the "Rise & Shine" then painted those on a few days later.

 W hung it up with some screws, wire and a heavy weight picture hook.

Ta-da!
This is what it was meant to be...right?! It's such a fun bright piece that lightens up our downstairs!

It looked a little lonely up there so I added something else. Excited with my version of the "pallet art madness" trend!

Rise and shine and give God the glory!

13 comments:

Stef said...

LOVE! and SO impressed.

DW said...

Strong work! It looks great! So happy!

ruthanne said...

You are so stinking creative, love it!

Emily @ NewlyWife said...

Looks great! Doesn't it feel great to finish a project?!

Georgette said...

So cute! That sun is adorable! Great job:)

Jelli said...

I really like this cheery art! It reminds me of the VBS song "Arky Arky" which I just so happen to love. Thanks for sharing with us.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

What a great vibe! Love it.
<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
Wildly Original Round Up party is open!

Feathers and Sunshine said...

This is awesome! What a sense of satisfaction it is to finish a never-ending project huh?! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I'm loving what I see here at your place, I'm a new follower! Hooray for being bloggy friends! "see" ya around!
Stacia@http://www.feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

Bobi Jensen said...

Um, holy cute! I have to make something, I have to! We actually had to re-build our deck (it was scary) but we have lots of our own "re-claimed" wood as a result. I better put it to work!

Beautiful!

Bobi
http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I have a piece of pallet art, but it's not nearly as cute as yours! Love the meaning and the colors! Would love for you to come visit my Get Social Sunday link party that's live and link up your homepage. You can promote your awesome blog!
http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/08/get-social-sunday_18.html

Unknown said...

I have a piece of pallet art, but it's not nearly as cute as yours! Love the meaning and the colors! Would love for you to come visit my Get Social Sunday link party that's live and link up your homepage. You can promote your awesome blog!
http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/08/get-social-sunday_18.html

Julie said...

Looks great. What are the dementions?

W and J said...

Thanks, Julie. The canvas is 38" in length and 25" in height. It's just 11 pallet planks lined up together that my husband reinforced with two 1x2s on the back. Hope that helps!!