Sunday, November 27, 2011

Best of My Days {Grown Up Place Cards}

I saw this fabulous gift idea on one of my most favorite blogs, Under the Sycamore Tree, the week before Thanksgiving. It went perfectly with my hopes of having meaningful favors. The little notepad was the perfect size for our plates..

Her idea was simple: write down the best part of the day...every day. I loved that its something we can do every day at dinner then at the year's end have a whole collection of wonderful, thankful memories.

I simply printed out her pdf file and followed her directions, which included a bit of decorative accents to 'wrap it'. I added a name and the directions with ric rack, lace or tulle and a upcycled coffee sleeve.

And I actually got a cousin picture of {almost} all the cousins there and with their adorable head dresses. Totally shocked and totally pleased that I was able to capture their cuteness. This was after a full day of fun, food, and play {and short naps}...

Hope you all had a wonderfully stuffed Thanksgiving Day!

xoxo,
The Swensons

No comments: