Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Weekend {a tad bit late}

Our Easter weekend was FULL. We met with our Life Group on Saturday night and got the boys to bed late. Then we had church, naps and our Easter feast at my parents. Needless to say, that Monday was pretty much a crank fest although I was surprisingly productive. Don't know how that happened. 

I didn't get any family pictures on Sunday which I'm totally bummed about. But the boys were already going off less sleep and I had to wake E from his nap to get to my parents' in time. I'll just say that they looked incredibly cute in their matching green ties. 

I did, however, get some pictures of our table. I volunteered to set the table this year. I stuck with yellow, blue, white and gray. A fun little perk to not hosting the dinner...having the time for the fluff stuff. :)
 For the favors, I put caramel-filled Cadbury eggs atop felt nests with the plastic grass. I put them inside strawberry baskets and put a name tag {that I cut with the cricut} and tied with twine.
The food was amazing. I made sure to stuff my face with it. Most, if not all, the recipes came from pinterest this year. It did not disappoint. The dessert was a Peep cake that my mom made.
Our family is definitely "out of shape" when it comes to busy weekends. But we enjoyed the time with family as we celebrated Christ and his sacrifice of atonement.

1 comment:

Stef said...

AH! The tie on Mr E... SO cute! Wow. What a hunky Easter boy.

Love the table setting.