Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year in Review: Our Favs

Can you believe 2011 is almost over?! I sure can't! We did a ton of projects this year--which I doubt we can match in the up-coming year. But, who knows, right? The house still has some areas that I'd love to re-do and Theo's nursery still needs some finishing touches {um, like a crib mattress!}.

I'm a sucker for looking back. I love the nostalgia it brings and have always loved looking back at memories, pictures, and past posts we've done. You can see on the right handed tool bar what our most popular posts have been {based on google's stats}, so I'm not really going to focus on those. Instead, I'm going to highlight some of our personal favs from this year. Now that we've had some time to spend with them, stared at them or used them, we have a better idea of the ones we love. 

Here they are in no particular order...

These turned out to be one of my {Jess's} favorite finished projects. I love seeing them hang over our bed and look at them often. They even inspired me to do my maternity photo shoot in our bedroom.
That last one is so great: even though W couldn't be there but he was still there. :)

One of our projects that's used every.single.day. And he loves it. I remember the mornings when he was first transitioning. You could tell that he knew he was accomplishing something big and was so proud of himself. And we may or may not have slept in it too, some mornings just to attempt some more shut-eye. W says its one of his favs too because it was the first thing we built together...those nights in the garage together after E was asleep.

Still one of my favorite pieces of furniture. It's now a bit more filled in on top with all of our stuff AND a changing pad. But the yellow is so cheery and really brightens up the room.

Yet another piece that's used every day. The bottom shelves are now filled in with more crafting supplies {which by the way needs another re-organization session}. Nonetheless, the extra space is wonderful! 
Ezra still loves these. And so do we! Not only does it use book covers for eye-catching appeal, I've found they make clean-up easy. W also decorated them for the Christmas season which was fun.


May your 2012 bring you more cheer, love & extra time for projects!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

These are all great ideas!

Beth said...

Fantastic projects and love your maternity pics! So sweet! Thanks for linking up!